- Launching Appliances, Lifeboats & Release Gear Annual and Five Years Inspection
- Release Gears Replacement and Maintenance
- Lifeboat Structural Fiberglass Repairs
- Cosmetic Works
- Lifeboat Engines Overhaul
- General Fiberglass Repairs
- Spare Parts
- Load testing water bags
- Miami Warehouse
- Other jobs
- OIL&GAS DIVISION
- CARGO DEPARTMENT
Load testing water bags
Water Bags are preferred for proof crane load testing over traditional solid weights when applied to lifting equipment.
- Are certified by UK Dept. of Trade and Industry and American Bureau of Shipping
- Are recognized worldwide as safe, efficient, and cost-effective
- Are easy to apply load while under test
- Help reduce loss or damage due to equipment failure
- Are designed for proof load testing
- Reduce transportation and staging costs
- Are available in a wide range of sizes
- Are very light weight and easy to handle
Why Water Bags Proof Load Test?
- Majority of countries require it for lifting equipment
- Essential for inspections, repairs, liability, and maintenance requirements
- Builds confidence for all users of lifting equipment
BC Service can assist you with your LOAD and OVERLOAD testing needs!
We stock in our warehouses 20 tons, 5 tons and 375 Kg certified water bags in accordance with health and safety executive requirements, both in Miami (USA) and in Genoa (Italy). We make lifeboats and crane load testing in safety also in Singapore.
Water Bags are provided together with certified flow meter and Load Cells. Our Technicians are trained to use this equipment to test Life Saving Appliances. Equipment can be rented with or without the service, even though we recommend to have a trained person supervising the operations
Moreover BC Service engineers are fully trained and equipped to perform either annual and 5 years service using small certified waterbags.
New IMO – MSC 1331 (attached below) requires all gangways and accommodation ladders including related fittings and winches to be inspected and recertified annually and load tested every 5 years with effect from 1 January 2010.
BC Service is operative in Miami (Florida), Genoa (Italy), Southampton (United Kingdom) and Singapore, but we provide worldwide services.